The regulation defines the main points concerning the participation in the race. Each participant undertakes to accept the following regulations upon completion of the online registration form, giving his consent. For more information on the individual points, you can consult the section Terms and Conditions and the dedicated menu items where they exist. Organizators reserves the right to make changes to the regulation for reasons related to the improvement of the organization. For all that is not contemplated in the present Regulations, the ITU and FITRI Regulations (Italian Triathlon Federation) will prevail.
2. PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENT
Only athletes over the age of 20 can participate.
The participant must be aware that participation in the event requires a demanding physical effort.
To participate in the competition it is necessary to have registered online. We do not accept telephone registrations or email. To obtain the final confirmation of your registration it is mandatory to have made the payment within 10 days following the registration.
The requirements to participate in the Stone Brixia Man competition are:
- be FITRI members or, for foreign athletes, be in possession of a regular membership card from the triathlon federation of their own state.
- be in possession of the B1 sporting competition certificate FOR SPORT: TRIATHLON, sending it to the organization at the email address email@example.com after completing the registration procedure.
In the first case it will be possible to register for the race using the “MEMBERSHIP” mode and indicating the card number.
In the second case it will be possible to register according to the “AMATEUR” mode
Foreign participants who are not registered abroad can also take part by filling in the appropriate form available for download HERE or in the registration form. This form must be sent to the organization at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org after completing the registration procedure.
In any case, the certificate must be valid for the date of the competition. Athletes who do not show up with a valid certificate can not take part in the race.
3. RACE RULES
- WEISUITS: Unless otherwise communicated by the organizer of the event, the swimming suit is mandatory for the swimming fraction. Participants without a suit will not be allowed to compete.
BICYCLE: it is allowed to use time trial bikes equipped with extensions,
WHEELS: it is allowed to make use of rear lenticular wheel and wheels also with less than 12 spokes (spoked wheels)
- BOTTLE: in addition to water bottles inserted in the column tube and / or in the down tube, it is allowed: the positioning of the water bottle holder on the rear of the saddle (max 2 water bottles) and / or extensions applied to the handlebar (1 bottle), is allowed the use of camelback type containers.
- DRAFT: The Stone Brixia Man race is a NO DRAFT race (draft not allowed).
- NO DRAFT RULES: An athlete is considered in the wake when he enters the wake area “A”, A as defined below: – “A” is a rectangle parallel to the road surface with an orthogonal base to the direction of travel 3m wide. The center of the base segment coincides with the extreme point of the front wheel. For races with only “Elite” athletes the length of “A” is 12 m, regardless of the race distance; For races open to “Age-Group” athletes, the length of “A” is 10 m, regardless of the race distance. The athletes must proceed on the RIGHT side of the roadway and do not obstruct and hinder the overtaking of other athletes. If the width of the roadway, the contest and traffic allow it, more athletes are allowed to overtake each other, on condition that each they do it by going over to the left and leaving the competitors who are surpassing on their right.
- If the width of the roadway, the contest and traffic context allow it, more athletes are allowed to overtake each other, on the condition that each of them does it by going over to the left and leaving the competitors on the right.
- Overtaking on the right is forbidden.
- Please proceed paired.
- The athletes who prevaricate overtaking overtaking perpetrate the infraction of “blocking” and are punishable by penalty time.
- An athlete can proceed through the “A” area referred to another competitor, but the overtaking phase that can not last more than 20 “must be evident.
- The overtaken athlete can in turn undertake a new overtaking phase only when he has left the area of the wake of the competitor that precedes him.
- Overtaking is achieved when the rear wheel of a competitor exceeds the front wheel of the other competitor; from that moment on, the overtaken athlete must be considered in the wake and if, in the times granted, he does not escape the wake of the competitor who has overtaken him, if necessary he will have to slow down.
- Once overcome, it is the athlete’s responsibility to remove himself from the wake area, if necessary by braking, of the competitor who precedes him within 15 “and keep the right of the roadway.
- The entry into the wake area of another competitor is permitted in the following circumstances: – 20 “for overtaking; – for justified security reasons; – in the 100 m before and after the designated assistance areas (wheels / refueling); – in the 100 meters of arrival or exit from the exchange area; – in the 100 meters of arrival or exit from a U-turn; – in areas reported by the Organization
- Penalty for wake. In case of drafting the athlete will be sanctioned with time penalty. A blue card will be exposed to the athlete to report the infraction related to the wake (time penalty) while a yellow card will be exposed for any other infractions (warnings). The penalty per wake is communicated to the competitor, in one of the following ways, (conditions of competition and safety permitting): – whistling to the athlete and showing him the Blue Card; – calling the athlete’s bib number and showing them the Blue Card; – verbally calling the Athlete’s attention and showing them the Blue Card; if the conditions of competition and security allow it, the Judge also communicates the reason for which the sanction was imposed, however, given that the Referee will report it on the relevant Sheet of Admonitions that will be exposed at the end of the race. The athlete must amend the penalty by wake in the following ways: – the athlete must stop in the penalty box of cycling or where indicated by the judge and remain stationary for 5 minutes and in any case, for the time indicated by the judge and expected by regulation. The Penalty Time related to infractions committed for the exploitation of wake, as far as possible, must be amended in the Penalty Box present on the cycling path; if this is not present there or there are impediments that do not allow it, we will opt for the one present on the RUN path or in the impossibility or for the particular contest context that has come to create, using the Stop and Go. ‘athlete, once received the penalty for infraction of wake, must stop at the penalty box he meets, under penalty of disqualification.
- DISQUALIFICATION: The Organizer reserves the right, at any time, to stop or disqualify participants, if at its discretion, believes that such action is necessary for security reasons or for the proper performance of the event of the other Participants or for any another reason. No reimbursement of the Registration will be due if the Participant has acted negligently, maliciously, with intentional misconduct, without due care and attention to the Event or the other participants, such as to cause his / her dismissal / disqualification; The above-mentioned athletes may be forbidden for life to participate in the events organized by TriO Events.
- ROAD RULES: All competitors must comply with the rules established by the Highway Code. In the cycling fraction traffic will NOT be checked, so it is up to each participant to pay close attention.
- RETREAT MATERIAL RACE: The collection of the race material must be done only by the athlete, showing to the custody staff their bib number.
4. OBLIGATORY EQUIPMENT
For swimming, the wetsuit and buoy provided by the organization together with the specific cord to be tied at the waist are obligatory for safety reasons.
For the fraction of cycling are mandatory: rear light, GPS provided by the organization, mobile phone load and off, approved helmet and chest clearly visible at the back.
For the fraction of the race, up to the Tonale gate (first 30km) are mandatory:
- water and food
- frontal lice
- mobile phone load and off
- GPS provided by the organization
For the race after the Tonale gate (last 12 km) they are compulsory both for the athlete and for the chaperone:
- backpack containing
- front light
- thermal blanket
- waterproof and thermal clothing
- waterproof jacket with hood ((a good jacket must have a water-resistance value of a water column of 20,000 mm.) Membranes with a water column of 20,000 mm are GoreTex, Powertex, Scholler, or the Sympatex and Marmot MemBrain® Strata that can withstand pressure up to 25,000 mm It is essential to choose a breathable product.The value from 6 to 13 the fabric is very breathable (for example Gore Performance and Powertex), up to 20 are still acceptable, above 20 you start to feel the sensation of wet due to perspiration, so technical fabrics ideal for high-intensity activities must have low numerical values)
- thermal mesh
- long trousers
- cap, gloves
- water and food
- cell phone charged and turned off
- GPS provided by the organization
Further information on the equipment: disc brakes are allowed, it is recommended to have a complete change of bike clothing and spare gloves
5. GATES (maximum time)
- Maximum swimming fraction time 2 hours (6:00 am)
- Maximum time cycling fraction 11 hours (17:00)
- Maximum time to pass the Tonale gate at 21:00
- Maximum time for arrival at the finish line at 24:00
6. ROUTE VARIATIONS AND BAD WEATHER CASES
The Organizer reserves the right to change the route at its sole discretion for reasons related to the improvement of traffic and safety of athletes. Any changes will be promptly reported to the athletes and on the event website.
The organization reserves the right to reduce or restrict access to the routes during the course of the race in case of adverse weather conditions.
7. METHODS AND REGISTRATION FEES
Registration is made on the site http://stonebrixiaman.racemate.it
Once the online registration procedure has been completed, an order confirmation email will be sent from the system and a payment confirmation email will be sent. In case of no reception check the SPAM box. In any case, the user can verify the registration by consulting the ISCRITTI LIST published on the website of the competition.
The method of payment is by credit card.
Online registrations are open until the maximum number of registered athletes has been reached, set at 250 participants and in any case no later than 24.00 on 31 May 2018, after this date it will no longer be possible to register.
The registration fee is set at € 350.00:
The registration fee includes:
- Stone Brixia Man gadget
- Race Manual
- Pectoral race
- Stickers kit, bike, helmet, bags, support cars
- GPS tracking
- 2 good pasta party in the shelter
- 2 prizes for the award ceremony
- 2 vouchers for descent by cable car
8. COLLECTIVE REGISTRATION
It is possible to make group registration using the online registration form using the “Add a friend” mode. In this way, multiple participants can be added within the same order.
IMPORTANT: when registering a friend, enter the person’s email address (and not his own!). In this way all the members will receive confirmation emails and subsequent communications before the race.
For collective or team registration, the data provided by the person making the entries on behalf of third parties is considered responsible; the latter subscribes and accepts the rules in every part of every registered athlete.
The collective registration will be finalized only upon payment of the registration fees, to be made no later than 10 days from the online registration date. After this deadline, the registration will be automatically canceled by the system. Even the booked accessory services (accompanying dinner, etc.) must be paid upon registration.
9. TIME AND RANKINGS
The timing will be performed by an Official Timer SDAM with technology based on the use of “chips”. Each participant will be provided with a daily chip, which must be returned at the end of the race. Staff will be in charge of collecting the chips and verifying their status. In case of non-return, € 15.00 will be charged. Information and conditions on the use of the chips are published on the MYSDAM website. Failure or incorrect use of the chip will result in non-inclusion in the ranking and non-allocation of time spent.
The rankings will be published on the MYSDAM website at the end of each competition. Subsequently, the rankings will also be published on the race site.
The first 3 men and the first 3 women arrived at the finish line will be awarded.
During the award ceremony each finisher will receive an award.
11. HEALTH CARE
It is foreseen the use of more ambulances with doctors and nurses, fixed First Aid points, one of which is permanent in the arrival area, mobile service with motorbikes and specialized personnel. Fixed and mobile points of Radio Relief.
For the BIKE fraction the following refreshment points are provided:
- Cividate Camuno
- Ponte di Legno
At these refreshment points the participant will be able to stock up on fruit, bars, salts, gels, water, drinks, food.
For the RUN fraction the following refreshment points are provided:
13. NON-PARTICIPATION AND SUBSTITUTIONS
In case of non-participation the registration fee will not be refunded.
If it is communicated to the organization by 10 May 2018 the sum paid will be held valid for the next edition, with the charge of € 5.00 for secretarial expenses. The transferred registration is not transferable to third parties.
It is possible to replace athletes registered in the competition by and no later than May 31, 2018 (closing date of registrations) giving communication with the data of the substitute (name, surname, email, card number or medical certificate) to the address info @ trioevents.it. Beyond this term, substitution requests will no longer be accepted, for organizational reasons.
14. DISTRIBUTION OF RACE PACKAGES AND TIMES
Friday 6 July
1:00 pm Opening of the Secretariat and delivery of race packs
2.00 pm Opening of the exchange area
4:00 pm Closing of the exchange area
4.30 pm Briefing required in Italian
5.00 pm Briefing required in English
5.30 pm Beginning of the delivery ceremony
6.30 pm Closing ceremony
Saturday 7 July
2:30 am Opening of the change zone for bike inspection, GPS collection and bag delivery
3:25 am Closing of the exchange area
3:30 am Embarking on barge to head towards the start
4:00 am Departure Stone Brixia Man
Sunday 8 July
09:00 am Opening of bike collection area
12:00 pm Awards
Following event closing lunch
THESE TIMES CAN SUBSEAD VARIATIONS
For the withdrawal of the race pack it is essential to present a copy of the registration receipt and an identity document.
The race pack can also be collected by third parties, presenting a copy of the registration form.