APPROACH TO STONE 2024
The regulation defines the main points concerning participation in the event. Each participant undertakes to accept the following regulation when completing the online registration form, giving their consent. For further information on individual points, it is possible to consult the Terms & Conditions section and the dedicated menu items where existing. The management reserves the right to make changes to the regulation for reasons related to the improvement of the organization.
For anything not covered in these Regulations, the ITU Regulations are valid.
APPROACH TO STONE
It is an approaching stage to the StoneBrixiaMan, a way to test the route and one’s abilities.
APPROACH TO STONE will start from Lake Iseo, travel through the entire Val Camonica, cross the center of Ponte di Legno and end at Passo del Tonale.
The arrival at Passo Paradiso is in fact a prerogative of those who will take part in the StoneBrixiaMan.
2. PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS
Only and exclusively athletes who have reached the age of 20 can participate.
The participant must be aware that participation in the event requires a demanding physical effort.
To participate, you need to register online.
Telephone or email registrations are not accepted.
To obtain definitive confirmation of your registration, it is mandatory to have made the payment within 10 days following the registration itself.
Please note that all participants will be able to participate only if they comply with the COVID-19 provisions in force at the time the event is held.
The requirements to participate in the APPROACH TO STONE event are:
- be a ACSI, FITRI member or, for foreign athletes, be in possession of a regular membership card of the triathlon federation of their home country.
ALL Italian and foreign members must ALSO present the B1 competitive medical certificate for TRIATHLON sport (foreigners must present the appropriate model of medical certificate which can be downloaded HERE, foreign certificates are not permitted!)
Card and certificate will be uploaded online during registration.
- be in possession of a B1 competitive medical certificate FOR SPORT: TRIATHLON, to be uploaded during registration or to be sent to the organization at the email address: email@example.com after completing the registration procedure.
Non-registered foreigners must be in possession of a medical certificate using the appropriate form which can be downloaded HERE (foreign medical certificates issued abroad by non-Italian doctors are not permitted!)
In the first case it will be possible to register for the event using the “MEMBERSHIP ATHLETE” mode, indicating your card number and attaching the card itself (foreigners can attach the foreign license).
In the second case it will be possible to enroll in the “NON-MEMBERSHIP ATHLETE” mode.
Foreign participants NOT registered abroad can also participate by filling in the medical certificate model for foreigners which can be downloaded HERE (foreign certificates are not allowed) and attaching it online during the registration phase or by sending it to the organization at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org after completing the registration process.
In any case, the medical certificate must be valid for the date of the event.
Athletes who do not present with a valid certificate will not be able to take part in the event.
3. MAIN RULES
- WETSUIT: Unless otherwise communicated by the organizer, the wetsuit is mandatory for the swimming leg. Participants without a wetsuit will not be able to start.
- BICYCLE: the use of time trial bicycles equipped with extensions is permitted,
- WHEELS: although not recommended, it is permitted to use a lenticular rear wheel and wheels with less than 12 spokes (spoked wheels)
- BOTTLE: in addition to the bottles inserted in the seat tube and/or in the down tube, it is permitted: to position the bottle holders on the rear part of the saddle (max 2 bottles) and/or on the extensions applied to the handlebar (1 bottle), it is permitted use of camel-back type containers.
- WAKE: The bike portion of APPROACH TO STONE will be FORBIDDEN (NO SHOOTING). Furthermore, during the fraction, it is NOT allowed to be accompanied by other cyclists even out of the race, whether they precede or follow the athlete.
- DISQUALIFICATIONS: The Organizer reserves the right, at any time, to interrupt or disqualify the participants, if, in its discretion, it deems that such action is necessary for safety reasons or for the proper conduct of the event of the other participants or for any other reason . No reimbursement of the registration will be due if the participant has acted with negligence, willful misconduct, without due care and attention towards the event or other participants, such as to determine the expulsion / disqualification; The aforementioned athletes may be prohibited from participating in the events organized by TriO Events.
- ROAD RULES: the entire cycle path will be “open” traffic. All participants must compulsorily observe the rules established by the Highway Code. It is recommended to pay the utmost attention during the fraction.
ATTENTION: in the first part of the cycling fraction there are some railway crossings. If the level crossing is closed, it is mandatory to stop and wait for it to reopen.
- SUPPORTER: for APPROACH TO STONE the supporter is NOT foreseen.
It is recommended to have a companion who takes care of the participant’s logistics, including the collection of the bike at the end of the event.
- MATERIAL COLLECTION AT THE END OF THE EVENT: the material can be collected by the athlete himself showing the bib number to the staff or by the accompanying person (starting from the moment the athlete leaves the transition area) showing the special identification bracelet that will be delivered in the race pack. The athlete or his companion will be able to collect the bike and equipment at the end of the event in Ponte di Legno in T2 or at the gymnasium of the middle schools in Ponte di Legno (at the crossroads between via Nino Brixio and via Gennaro Sora) no later than after 17:00 on Saturdays.
In the event that the bike is not collected on Saturday by the established time, it will be kept in custody by the organization and can only be collected on Sunday morning from 9:30 to 11:00 at the gymnasium of the Ponte di Legno middle school , at the crossroads between via Nino Brixio and via Gennaro Sora.
4. MANDATORY EQUIPMENT
For swimming, the wetsuit and buoy provided by the organization are mandatory (together with the appropriate lanyard to be tied at the waist and signal light) for safety reasons.
For the cycling fraction the following are mandatory: rear light, GPS provided by the organization, charged mobile phone, approved helmet, front bike number and clearly visible rear bib, GPS (provided by the organization)
They are mandatory for the ENTIRE RUN race
- Waterproof technical windbreaker (shell) suitable for use in the high mountains (in goretex or similar material)
- Long-sleeved thermal shirt
- Thermal hat or Thermal Buff (sun hat not suitable)
- Mobile phone
- Reusable cup (run refreshments will NOT be given cups)
- Bottles, reserves of water and food
- Emergency blanket (e.g. aluminum sheet)
- GPS (provided by the organization
Two checks will be carried out on the mandatory material for the RUN fraction:
- Friday at the Sulzano race office to collect the race pack
- during the race, in T2, at the start of the race leg in Ponte di Legno
5. CUT OFF (maximum times)
In order to guarantee the safety of the athletes, there is a cut-off time for the swimming fraction and for completing the race:
SWIM: Maximum end time of the swim fraction: 1h 20′ – time: h. 6:20
ARRIVAL: by 19:30 (tot 14h 30′ of race)
If you arrive after these times it will not be possible to continue with the race.
6. ROUTE CHANGES
The management reserves the right to change the route at its sole discretion for reasons related to the improvement of traffic conditions and the safety of the athletes. Any changes will be promptly notified to the athletes and on the event website. The organization reserves the right to reduce or limit access to the routes during the course of the event in case of adverse weather conditions.
7. METHOD AND REGISTRATION FEES
Registrations are made on the ENDU.NET website. Once the online registration procedure has been completed, an order confirmation email will be sent by the system and then a payment confirmation email. In case of non-receipt, check the SPAM box.
Online registrations are open until the maximum number of athletes set at 50 participants is reached and in any case no later than 12.00 pm on 29 May 2024, after this date it will no longer be possible to register.
The entry fee for APPROACH TO STONE is:
– €190.00 no later than 31/12/2023.
– €220.00 from 01/01/2024.
Warning: the registration portal service fees will be added to the prices shown.
The registration fee for APPROACH TO STONE includes:
- APPROACH TO STONE official gadget
- Athlete bib
- Sticker kit, bike, helmet, bags, support car
- Swimming cap
- Buoy with light device
- N.1 pasta party voucher at the Passo Paradiso refuge
- N.1 identification bracelet for any accompanying person
- Descent by cable car showing the athlete’s bib
8. COLLECTIVE REGISTRATIONS
All collective or team registrations must take place online through the ENDU.NET website
The system allows for group or team registrations (ENDU4team).
The system allows you to place a single order containing multiple entries. It is possible to add as many participants as desired, even over different distances, one at a time. At the end of the entries it is possible to click on “checkout” to confirm the order and it will be possible to proceed with the payment. Registrations will be finalized only upon payment of the registration fee, to be made within 10 days of registration and in any case within the closing date for registration.
9. TIMING AND RANKINGS
The timing will be carried out by an Official Timer SDAM with technology based on the use of “chips”. Each participant will be provided with a daily chip, which must be returned at the end of the event.
Each athlete will be given a GPS. The athlete must carry it with him during the race with the exception of the swimming fraction. The position will be available from the dedicated web page which will be activated for the race. The GPS and chip must be returned at the end of the race. Personnel in charge will be responsible for collecting the chips and verifying their status. In case of non-return, €15.00 will be charged for the chip and €50 for the GPS. Information and conditions on the use of the chips are published on the MYSDAM website. Failure or incorrect use of the chip will result in non-inclusion in the ranking and non-attribution of the time spent. Warning: the purpose of the event is not to finish first, but to live an experience. The classification is considered as a simple list of finishers.
The use of several ambulances with doctors and nurses, fixed First Aid points, one of which is permanent in the finish area, mobile service with quads, off-road vehicles, specialized personnel is envisaged. Fixed and mobile Radio Aid points.
The following refreshment points are foreseen for the BIKE fraction:
Breno (km 43)
Trivigno (km 97)
Ponte di Legno (T2)
At these refreshment points the participant will be able to stock up on fruit, bars, salts, gels, water, soft drinks, food.
The following refreshment points are foreseen for the RUN fraction:
Villadalegno (km 8)
Valbione (km 17)
Ponte di Legno (km 21)
12. NO PARTICIPATION AND SUBSTITUTIONS
In case of non-participation, the paid registration fee will not be refunded. It is possible to TRANSFER your registration to the next edition no later than 08 May 2024 at the cost of €10.00. In this way, the sum paid for enrollment will be kept valid for the following year, with a charge of €10.00 for secretarial expenses. To make the transfer, contact the organization at email@example.com
Registration moved to the following year is not automatic, each participant must register independently, using the coupon received from the organization.
Registration moved to the following year cannot be transferred to third parties.
Enrollment moved to the following year cannot be further transferred to the following years.
It is also possible to make REPLACEMENTS (name change) at a cost of €10.00 no later than 29 May 2024 at 10:00. After this deadline, replacements or any request for changes to the starting list will no longer be accepted. To make the replacement, contact the organization at firstname.lastname@example.org
13. RACE PACKAGE DELIVERY AND TIMETABLES
Friday June 28th 2024
12:30 Opening Secretariat for delivery of race packs and bags at via Cesare Battisti, 91 in Sulzano (Sala Consiliare Municipio).
1:00 pm Opening of the transition area in Piazza 28 Maggio (adjacent to the Town Hall of Sulzano).
4:30 pm Closing of the transition area.
We remind you that the collection of the bib and the race pack must be done on Friday!
We also remind you that the Briefing will be sent online in the days preceding the event.
Saturday June 29th 2024
3:30 am Opening of the transition area for bike checks and GPS delivery
4:20 Closure of the transition area
4:30 am Boarding on boats to head towards the departure for APPROACH TO STONE
5:00 Departure APPROACH TO STONE
10:45 – 14:00 Passages in T2 in Ponte di Legno
Approximately 2.00 pm ARRIVAL first competitor in Passo del Tonale
THESE TIMETABLES MAY BE CHANGED
To collect the race pack, it is essential to present a copy of the registration receipt and an identity document.