The regulation defines the main points concerning the participation in the race. Each participant undertakes to accept the following regulations upon filling in the online registration form and giving his consent. For more information on the individual points, you can consult the section Terms&Conditions and the dedicated menu items where they exist. Organizators reservs the right to make changes to the regulation for reasons related to the improvement of the organization. For all that is not contemplated in the present Regulation, the ITU Regulations will be valid.
2. PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS
Only athletes over the age of 20 can participate.
The participant must be aware that participation in the event requires considerable physical effort.
To participate in the competition it is necessary the online registration. We don’t accept registrations by phone or email. To obtain the final confirmation of your registration it is mandatory to have made the payment within 10 days following the registration.
Please note that all participants will be able to participate only if they comply with the COVID-19 provisions in force at the time the event will take place.
The requirements to participate in the Stone Brixia Man competition are:
- be ACSI, FITRI members or, for foreign athletes, have a regular membership card (triathlon license) belonging to the triathlon federation in their country. All Italian and foreign members must also present the competitive medical certificate for the TRIATHLON (foreigners using the appropriate form that can be downloaded HERE)
- have a B1 competitive certificate FOR SPORT TRIATHLON, by uploading it during the registration in the appropriate section or by accessing it later in your reserved area or sending it to the organization at the email address email@example.com after completing the registration procedure.
In the first case, it will be possible to register for the race using the “LICENSED ATHLETE” mode, indicating your card number and attaching the license card (foreigners can attach the foreign license). In the second case it will be possible to register with the “NON MEMBERSHIP ATHLETE” mode
Non-licensed foreign participants can also participate, by filling in the medical certificate form for foreigners that can be downloaded HERE and attaching it to the registration or and sending it to the organization at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org after completing the registration procedure .
In all cases, the medical certificate must be valid for the date of the race.
Athletes who do not show up with a valid certificate will not be able to take part in the event.
In all cases, the certificate must be valid for the date of the competition. Athletes who do not show up with a valid certificate can not take part in the race.
NB: Supporters accompanying the athletes during the RUN leg must also be in possession of a competitive medical certificate for any sport. It will be possible to attach the supporter’s certificate during registration or send it by email to email@example.com
– if the supporter runs only the last 7km of RUN, a non-competitive medical certificate is sufficient
– If the supporter accompanies the athlete for a longer stretch starting from Ponte di Legno, a competitive certificate is required.
Foreign supporters who are not registered abroad must also have a medical certificate, presenting only the medical certificate model for foreigners that can be downloaded HERE, attaching it to the registration or and sending it to the organization at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
3. RACE RULES
- WETSUIT: Unless otherwise communicated by the event organizer, the swimming wetsuit is mandatory for the swimming fraction. Participants without a suit will not be allowed to compete.
- BIKE: it is allowed to use time trial bikes equipped with extensions
- WHEELS: it is allowed to make use of rear lenticular wheel and wheels also with less than 12 spokes (spoked wheels)
- BOTTLE: in addition to water bottles inserted in the column tube and / or in the down tube, it is allowed: the positioning of the water bottle holder on the rear of the saddle (max 2 water bottles) and / or extensions applied to the handlebar (1 bottle), is allowed the use of camelback type containers.
- DRAFT: Stone Brixia Man race is a NO DRAFT race (draft not allowed). During the bike course it’s NOT allowed to be escorted by other cyclists, whether they precede or follow the athlete. See the section: Support Team
- DISQUALIFICATIONS: organizer reserves the right, at any time, to stop or disqualify participants, if at its discretion, believes that such action is necessary for safety reasons or for the proper performance of the event of the other Participants or for any other reason. No refund of the registration will be due if the Participant has acted negligently, maliciously, with intentional misconduct, without due care and attention to the Event or the other participants, such as to cause his / her disqualification / disqualification; The above-mentioned athletes may be forbidden for life to participate in the events organized by TriO Events.
- ROAD RULES: All competitors must comply with the rules established by the Highway Code. In the cycling fraction traffic will NOT be checked, so it is up to each participant to pay close attention. CAUTION: in the first part of the bike course there are some railway crossing. If you find the rail crossing closed, you must stop your course and wait the train and the rail crossing opening.
- RACE MATERIAL WITHDRAWAL: The collection of the race material must be done only by the athlete, showing to the custody staff their bib number.
- SUPPORT TEAM**: take a look to the dedicated section: Support Team
** Please note that it is mandatory for the participants to Stone Brixia Man to have a supporter accompany him for the last 7.5km of the run route.
In this regard, in the event that the athlete does not have a companion, it is possible to request access to the Facebook group Stone Brixia Man where to communicate one’s need by requesting the availability of a supporter among the members of the group. Link to the FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/stonebrixiamanxtri
In any case, the organization DOES NOT ENSURE to find a supporter, but undertakes to help the athlete in solving the problem.
The supporter is required to support only the last 8 km of the RUN fraction. If you need a supporter for a longer stretch of the route, or even for the bike part, the athlete will have to contact the supporter directly to make a private agreement.
The organization cannot in any case help in the search for a supporter in the days immediately preceding the event (from June 18th, 2023) for obvious organizational reasons.
Finally, it should be emphasized that the economic agreements relating to room and board of one’s supporter (if necessary) are considered to be completely at the athlete’s expense.
4. MANDATORY EQUIPMENTS
For swimming fraction, the wetsuit and buoy provided by the organization (together with the appropriate cord to be tied at the waist) are obligatory for safety reasons.
For the cycling fraction are mandatory: rear light, GPS provided by the organization, mobile phone load and off, approved helmet and chest clearly visible at the back.
Both the athlete and supporter must necessarily be provided for the whole run fraction of race, of the following equipment:
- Waterproof * and breathable** windbreaker (shell) with hood, suitable for bad weather conditions of mountains (GoreTex material is absolutely recommended)
* minimum 10,000 mm of water column.
** RET less than 13
– the jacket must have an integrated hood
– the jacket must not have permeable parts
Athletes can decide if the jacket complies with the rules and it can be suitable for bad weather in the mountains; in any case, in the event of checks, only the employees of the organization will be able to decide that.
- Long-sleeved thermal shirt
- Long pants
- Thermal Hat or thermic Buff
- Working Headlamp
- Mobile phone, which guarantees autonomy of at least 15 hours.
- GPS provided by the organization
- Aluminum emergency blanket
- Emergency whistle
- Reusable cup (cups will not be given at RUN refreshment points)
- Water reserve
- Food reserve
Further information on the equipment: disc brakes are allowed, it is recommended to have a complete change of bike clothing and spare gloves
5. CUT-OFF TIMES (maximum times)
- SWIM: Maximum swimming time 2 h 20′ from the start – cut-off at 6:20 a.m.
- BIKE: Maximum swimming+cycling time and get into T2: 13 hours from the start – cut-off at 5:00 p.m.
- RUN: Maximum time to arrive at 20 km of the run course, in Pontedilegno: 15 h 15′ from the start – cut-off at 7:15 p.m.
- RUN: Maximum time to arrive to T3 – Tonale: 17 hours from the start – cut-off at 9:00 p.m.
- FINISH: Maximum time for arrival at the finish line at 12:00 a.m.
- 6. ROUTE VARIATIONS
Organization reserves the right to change the route at its sole discretion for reasons related to the improvement of traffic and safety of athletes. Any changes will be promptly reported to the athletes and on the event website.
The organization reserves the right to reduce or restrict access to the routes during the course of the race in case of adverse weather conditions
7. METHODS AND REGISTRATION FEES
Registration is made on the site ENDU.NET
Once the online registration procedure has been completed, an order confirmation email will be sent from the system and a payment confirmation email will be sent. In case of no reception check the SPAM box. In any case, the user can verify the registration by consulting the SUBSCRIBERS LIST published on the website of the competition.
The method of payment is by credit card.
Online registrations are open until the maximum number of registered athletes is reached, set at 180 participants for Stone Brixia Man and in any case no later than 12am on April 29th, 2024, after this date it will no longer be possible to register.
The registration fee for Stone Brixia Man is € 390.00 for the first 100 athletes and in any case no later than December 31st, 2023.
From the 101° athlete to the 180° athlete and in any case from January 1st, 2024 the registration fee is € 420.00.
Attention: the service commissions of the registration portal will be added to the prices shown.
The registration fee includes:
- Stone Brixia Man gadget
- Race Manual
- Race bib
- stickers kit, bike, helmet, bags, support cars
- GPS tracking
- 2 good pasta party in the shelter
- 1 awards ceremony lunches
- 2 vouchers for cableway descent
8. COLLECTIVE INSCRIPTIONS
The system allows you to make group or team registrations (ENDU4team). The system allows you to place a single order containing multiple registrations.
It is possible to add more desired participants, even over different race distances, one at a time. At the end of the entries, you can click on “checkout” to confirm the order and it will be possible to proceed with the payment
Registrations will be completed only upon payment of the registration fee, to be made within 10 days of registration and in any case by the registration deadline.
9. TIMING AND RANKINGS
The timing will be performed by the Official Timer SDAM with technology based on the use of “chips”. Each participant will be provided with a daily chip, which must be returned at the end of the race. Staff will be in charge of collecting the chips and verifying their status. In case of non-return, € 15.00 will be charged. Information and conditions on the use of the chips are published on the MYSDAM website. Failure or incorrect use of the chip will result in non-inclusion in the ranking and non-allocation of time spent.
The rankings will be published on the MYSDAM website at the end of each competition.
Subsequently, the rankings will also be published on the race site.
Attention: the aim of the competition is not to arrive first, but to live an experience. The ranking is considered as a simple list of finisher.
During the award ceremony each finisher (only for Stone Brixia Man event) will receive an award. Each participant will be called personally to collect his prize, in random order.
11. MEDICAL ASSISTANCE
There will be ambulances with doctors and nurses, fixed First Aid points, one of which is permanent in the arrival area, mobile service with motorbikes and specialized staff. Radio Relief fixed and mobile points.
For the BIKE course the following refreshment points are provided:
- Breno (km 43)
- Trivigno (km 97)
- Ponte di Legno (km 140)
- Gavia pass
At these refreshment points the participant will be able to stock up on fruit, bars, salts, gels, water, drinks, food.
For the RUN fraction the following refreshment points are provided:
- Villadalegno (km 8)
- Valbione (km 16.5)
- Ponte di Legno (km 21)
- Passo del Tonale (km 31)
13. NO PARTICIPATION AND SUBSTITUTIONS
In case of non-participation, the registration fee paid will not be returned.
It is possible to TRANSFER your registration to the next edition no later than April 8th, 2024 at a cost of € 10.00. In this way, the amount paid for registration will be kept valid for the following year, with a charge of € 10.00 for administrative expenses. To make the transfer, contact the organization at email@example.com
- The registration moved to the following year is not automatic, each participant must register independently, using the coupon received from the organization.
- The registration moved to the following year is not transferable to third parties.
- The registration moved to the following year is not further transferable in the following years.
It is also possible to make SUBSTITUTIONS (name change) at a cost of € 10.00 no later than April 29th, 2024 at 10:00 am. Beyond this deadline, no substitutions or any request for changes to the starting list will be accepted.
To make the replacement, contact the organization at firstname.lastname@example.org
14. RACE PACK DELIVERY AND TIMES
Friday 28th June 2024
12:30 pm Opening of the Race Office for race pack collection and bag delivery in the city hall, via C. Battisti 91, Sulzano
1.00 pm Opening the transition area in square 28 Maggio, next to the city hall of Sulzano for Stone Brixia Man
4:30 pm Closing the transition area for Stone Brixia Man
We remind you that the Briefing will be sent online in the days preceding the event.
Saturday 29th June 2024
2:00 am Opening of the transition area for bike check, bag 1 deposit, GPS collection
3:15 am Closing of the transition area for Stone Brixia Man
3:20 am Embarking on boats to head towards the start for Stone Brixia Man
4:00 am Stone Brixia Man START
5:30 pm Finish for the winner – Stone Brixia Man
0:00 pm End of Stone Brixia Man
Sunday 30th June 2024
09:30-11.15 am Bike collection at Ponte di Legno Secondary School, Nino Bixio street
12:00 pm Awards Ceremony in Ponte di Legno town center, piazza XXVII Settembre for Stone Brixia Man participants
13:30 p.m. Lunch for event closing for Stone Brixia Man participants
THESE TIMES MAY CHANGE
For the withdrawal of the race package it is essential to present a copy of the registration receipt and an identity document.
NB: due to the current ministerial health provisions aimed at dealing with the Covid-19 pandemic, it is possible that everyone is obliged to collect the bib personally and that proxies are not allowed.