RUN COURSE – Support Team
– Every athlete must have a support team for the last 7,5 km of the race, starting from T3 – Passo del Tonale check-point, up to the finish line at Passo Paradiso
– The athlete must provide the name, surname and telephone number of his supporter during registration.
– The supporter must be available by telephone from 5:00 a.m. on Saturday until the end of the race and must communicate the possible withdrawal of the athlete to the telephone number indicated by the organization.
– We suggest that the supporter run with the athlete from the second passing in Ponte di Legno (km 20).
– It is allowed to be accompanied during the whole run course.
– The supporter can carry all the equipment of the athlete in his backpack.
– Both the atlete and the supporter must carry the mandatory equipment (see the section Mandatory equipement)
BIKE COURSE – Support Car
The support car during the cycling course is optional.
If you use support car, you have to respect the following rules:
- you can use a station wagon or SUV; it has to be able to run across mountain passes
- You can’t use camper, vans or minibuses.
- You have to apply the vehicle identification sticker, provided by the organization.
- The support car must observe the traffic rules, avoiding hindering the movement of other vehicles.
- It must maintain a safety distance of at least 100 meters from the athlete.
- The athlete’s assistance must be provided only with the stopped and parked car.
- Assistance with moving cars is not allowed: penalty of disqualification.
- The athlete is allowed to sit in the car ONLY and EXCLUSIVELY if it is stationary, under penalty of immediate disqualification.
- The support car will NOT be able to follow the athlete during the ascent to Passo Gavia (small road); it can wait at the beginning of the climb.