Only the SUPPORT TEAM can bring some external help, with the rules under here.
RUN COURSE – Support Team*
– Every athlete must have a support team for the last 7,5 km of the race, starting from T3 – Passo del Tonale check-point, up to the finish line at Passo Paradiso
– The athlete must provide the name, surname and telephone number of his supporter during registration.
– The supporter must be available by telephone from 5:00 a.m. on Saturday until the end of the race and must communicate the possible withdrawal of the athlete to the telephone number indicated by the organization.
– We suggest that the supporter run with the athlete from the second passing in Ponte di Legno (km 20).
– It is allowed to be accompanied during the whole run course.
– The supporter can carry all the equipment of the athlete in his backpack.
– Both the atlete and the supporter must carry the mandatory equipment (see the section Mandatory equipement)
*Please note that it is mandatory for the athlete to have a supporter accompany him for the last 7,5 km of the run route.
In this regard, in the event that the athlete does not have a companion, it is possible to request access to the Facebook group Stone Brixia Man where to communicate one’s need by requesting the availability of a supporter among the members of the group. Link to the FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/stonebrixiamanxtri
In any case, the organization DOES NOT ENSURE to find a supporter, but undertakes to help the athlete in solving the problem.
The supporter is required to support only the last 8 km of the RUN fraction. If you need a supporter for a longer stretch of the route, or even for the bike part, the athlete will have to contact the supporter directly to make a private agreement.
The organization cannot in any case help in the search for a supporter in the days immediately preceding the event (from June 20th, 2022) for obvious organizational reasons.
Finally, it should be emphasized that the economic agreements relating to room and board of one’s supporter (if necessary) are considered to be completely at the athlete’s expense.
NB: supporters accompanying the athletes during the RUN leg must also be in possession of a competitive medical certificate for any sport. It will be possible to attach the supporter’s certificate during registration or send it by email to email@example.com
Foreign supporters who are not registered abroad must also have a medical certificate, presenting only the medical certificate model for foreigners that can be downloaded HERE, attaching it to the registration or and sending it to the organization at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
BIKE COURSE – Support Car
For the BIKE COURSE you can have a “Support Car”
- During the bike course, it’s FORBIDDEN to be escorted by other cyclists who are competing or are not competing.
- Along the way there are 2 fixed check-points; further checks will be made by cars or motorbikes.
- The athlete that is identified with other cyclists will suffer a penalty of 15 minutes at the end of the bike course, in Transition Zone T2, in Pontedilegno, before the start of running course.
- The penalty is assigned if we find an athlete accompanied by other cyclists (both preceding and following him) within 30 meters in the flat sections and within 10 meters in the uphill sections.
The support car is optional.
If you use support car, you have to respect the following rules:
- you can use a station wagon or SUV; it has to be able to run across mountain passes
- You can’t use camper, vans or minibuses.
- You have to apply the vehicle identification sticker, provided by the organization.
- The support car must observe the traffic rules, avoiding hindering the movement of other vehicles.
- It must maintain a safety distance of at least 100 meters from the athlete.
- The athlete’s assistance must be provided only with the stopped and parked car.
- Assistance with moving cars is not allowed: penalty of disqualification.
- The athlete is allowed to sit in the car ONLY and EXCLUSIVELY if it is stationary, under penalty of immediate disqualification.
- The support car will NOT be able to follow the athlete during the ascent to Passo Gavia (small road); it can wait at the beginning of the climb.